Wednesday 4 April 2012

Avatars of War


While looking for mini’s to represent the various characters that ran around the board in a game of Talisman as well as another “Project” I’m working on, I stumbled across the Avatars of War site.

I’ve wanted to get hold of a few of their Mini’s for a while. Just as painting projects really, however I’ve not managed to get my grubby little mitts on any yet. But, from what I’ve seen in the pictures I have to say the mini’s look wonderful.I know these mini’s were designed to represent core characters in existing fantasy wargames but AoW have also released the Arena Deathmatch game to back up their already impressive miniature range.
On Order, from Maelstrom ^.^
Now that I’ve downloaded the rules from the AoW site and had a gander at them, I have to say that I’m very interested in exploring this game further than just the miniature side. My mind is bristling with ideas of making an arena for six to ten models to fight to the death in.

Also on order, as well as the Wood Elf Hero.
I think that this may be a project that will push a couple of other little things aside for a while, but meh. The mini’s can be used in quite a few games, and if I do make a 24”x24” arena for the game I’m sure if I build it right I can include that in a few other games as well.
Not on order but it is a great looking figure.
Anyhow, I’ve ordered a couple of the Mini’s and the Arena Deathmatch Rulebook so when they get here I’ll throw some pictures up. I’m not going to go into full on reviews, but I will shout out my personal opinion about them.

This looks like it could be fun ^^

-Voidsign-

No comments: